Many say we are actually spiritual beings living a human existence, as opposed to humans living a spiritual existence. If you have a desire to connect with your more spiritual side, working with your chakras is a great way to do that. Your chakras can help you connect with your spiritual side, and it’s easier than you might think.
Many of the chakras can help you connect with your intuition and to your spiritual guidance, but the brow or third eye chakra and the crown chakra are probably two of the most important chakras when it comes to this.
Let’s talk about these 2 very briefly now before we get into the exercise to connect with your spiritual self:
The brow or third eye chakra affects your ability to see, both physically with the eyes and intuitively and its also important because it helps you see the big picture. This important chakra allows you to create your visions and make them real, helping you to manifest your desires out into the physical world.
The crown chakra can also help you open up your awareness and open up to that higher power. The crown chakra is located at the top of the skull and its connected to your pineal gland, which produces melatonin and regulates your body clock. Its also said to relate to consciousness and pure awareness. Its your connection to the greater world beyond, to a timeless, space-less place of all knowing.
Developing this chakra can help bring you knowledge, wisdom and understanding connecting you to your spiritual connection and bliss. All of the chakras work together helping you expand your level of consciousness.
Exercise to Connect with Your Spiritual Self
Your spirit guide is basically that part of you that helps you connect to your spirituality more, and it may speak to you in different ways so pay attention to any feelings or sensations that arise. You may sense your spirit guide as a calming, peaceful sensation or you may hear sounds or even see colors.
- Begin by imaging a beautiful white light surrounding you. This light protects you like a cloud. Feel this light penetrate your body through the top of your head and notice how it feels warm and inviting. Feel this light move down through your body, bathing you in its softness. You may even feel a kind of tingling on your skin.
- Imagine the most beautiful place you can imagine. Somewhere you can go where you feel safe and protected. You might imagine that you are in a sacred space or a space where you can connect with spirit. You might be in a beautiful room filled with candles and sacred things; you might be out in a place in nature surrounded by trees and wildflowers; you might be in a sacred temple or even sitting in front of a beautiful lake watching a sunset. Take yourself to your sacred place and just feel the peace and the love surrounding you.
- Imagine your third eye is opening up like the petals of a flower opening. Begin to imagine a powerful energetic connection forming. Play with this energy for a while.
- Next move to your crown chakra and imagine your energy pushing up through the top of your head, connecting to the higher dimension of spirit.
- Focus in on a question you would like to ask.
- Ask to connect deeper by saying something like: “Spirit guide, I wish to make contact with you, please communicate with me in a way in which I will understand”. “Thank you for your help”.
- Release any preconceived notions of what to expect. Tune into your surroundings and feel the air. Notice any sensations or sounds. You may even just intuitively sense your spirit guide or feel a pleasant feeling take over. You may feel a slight touch or even a slight breeze.
- Now ask your spirit guide what name they would like to be called and listen for a response.
- Just notice anything that comes into your awareness and do not judge. You may hear sounds like soft bells or you may see a mist or even feel a gentle loving touch. You may not feel or sense anything other than a happy, joyful feeling. It doesn’t matter what you see or don’t see because you are still communicating.
- When you are finished, thank your spirit guide and close up your brow chakra and your crown chakra by imagining them as a flower closing up their buds.
Just trust, listen and accept whatever you hear, whatever you see or whatever you sense. Be thankful and grateful for whatever messages are communicated. Even if you do not feel like you are consciously communicating, this does not mean that communication is not taking place.
Just sit quietly and continue to observe and sense whatever comes into your awareness. It is through this simplicity that your spiritual self speaks the loudest. Your imagination is the bridge to this awareness.
Your chakras are very powerful and they can help you in many ways. All you need to do is be open to the powerful energy they can create. Try this simple exercise anytime you feel you need a little extra guidance.