Did you know your body is a natural source of energy? The Chinese call this energy chi or life force energy. Chi has also been called the breath of life. This life force energy flows through you via your meridians, which are kind of like little energy pathways.
The meridians are an energy transportation system that helps feed you vital energy.Your energy meridians flow through you like a river – and just as rivers can get clogged with debris, so can your energy. Your meridians work hand in hand with your chakras, so unlocking this energy can also help you feel more positive.
The life force energy that moves through youcirculates in a 24-hour cycle of sorts. There are fourteen meridians that carry this life force energy – and twelve of them are associated with your organs and the various functions of your body.
Many practitioners believe that your chi affects each of these meridians for about two hours a day. Since the meridians are basically a flow of energy just like the chakras, this energy can get blocked, causing you to feel off balance.
Restoring this balance is easy when you follow these simple tips talked about by Donna Eden, the author of the book Energy Medicine.
3 ways to work with your energy meridians
- The Zip-up
- The Hook-up
- The Crown Pull
Your meridians carry a very subtle electromagnetic energy and you can sense this energy with your hands. You can trace your entire energy system is less than two minutes, so it’s not a complicated process. There are many ways to work with your energy meridians, but working with the central meridian is probably the easiest.
The zip-up is a great tool to use because it can help you refortify your energy. The central meridian runs up and down your body from your pubic bone to your bottom lip. Using the energy of your hands, you can literally zip up this meridian, sealing your positive energy in. The reverse is also true because you can also unzip the central meridian and get rid of negative energy.
This little exercise can help you feel more confident, help you think more clearly and it can even protect you from negative energy.
- Begin by placing your hands at the bottom of the central meridian, which is at your pubic bone.
- Inhale deeply as you move your hands slowly and deliberately straight up your body until you reach the lower lip.
- If you choose to, you can continue moving the energy up past your head lifting your hands and arms up towards the sky. This helps connect your central meridian with your aura.
- Close out the procedure by circling your arms back down to your pelvis.
- Try repeating the affirmation “I am clear, centered and well organized” while you are tracing this meridian for an extra boost.
- Repeat at least three times.
You can do this exercise as often as you like, anytime you need to feel more positive energy. The central meridian is connected with your thoughts and feelings so it is highly sensitive to the energy of others.
The hook-up is another great tool to use to boost your energy. Use the hook-up anytime you feel your energy is off. The hook-up connects your central meridian to your governing meridian, which sends energy up your spine. Doing this exercise can connect the energy between the front and back of your body and also between your head and torso.
The hook-up also strengthens the aura and can increase your coordination.
- Breathe deeply through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Place your middle finger of one hand on your third eye or brow chakra.
- Place the middle finger of the other hand in your naval.
- Gently press each finger in as you pull upward and breathe – holding this for 15-20 seconds.
The Crown Pull
The crown pull works on the crown chakra, helping to open it up and release energy. Doing this simple exercise can help you calm your nervous system, release mental congestion and refresh your mind, body and spirit. The crown chakra is also known for its connection to spirit, so doing this exercise can also help open you up to higher sources of inspiration.
If you ever feel like you need some inspiration or guidance, the crown pull is a great exercise to use.
- Begin by breathing in deeply, through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Place your thumbs at your temples on the sides of your head.
- Curl your remaining fingertips on the center of your forehead.
- Pull your fingers apart across your forehead like you are opening or massaging your forehead, doing so with some pressure.
- Move your fingers up to the top of your head at your hairline and repeat.
- Continue moving your fingers back to the top of your head and then to the back of your head, literally pulling your crown apart with the pressure of your fingers.
This exercise works by helping you release the pent up energy that accumulates in your crown chakra. Practice it as often as you like, and try to push down and pull with some pressure as you pull your hands away from each other. You are pulling your head apart energetically, so that energy can be released. You can also continue this exercise down your neck if you desire.
All of these exercises work with your own unique energy, and they are simple and easy to do. Anytime you feel like you need an energy boost, you can try any of these exercises. Everything is energy, so the more you can work with your energy and keep it moving, the healthier and more positive you will feel.
Your body is a powerful energy machine, and the more you can do to feed positive energy into it, the better you will feel. These simple little tricks can help energize you, release toxins and even clear away stagnate energy. The more you can tune into your body, the more your body will respond back. The crown pull is also great if you have a headache, because it can release energy.
Try the zip-up the next time you feel vulnerable or need some positive energy and follow up with the hook-up for a one-two punch. Your energy and your chakras will thank you!